Canada Admission & Visa Process
Canada usually has two-semesters for admission intakes in a year, the one is in September, which is the fall semester, and the other one is in January, which is winter semester. For Colleges, there are usually 3 intakes in a year: September; January; May
Canadian universities have similar basic document requirements like other countries, which is based on complete academic history and achievements including your grades, English proficiency and completion of required subjects. To make it easier for you to apply for admission in any Canadian university; Edvise hub has listed some of the basic documents requirements and step by step detailed information about the admission process and how long it takes to get your offer later.
- After knowing all the details about the university and program you want to go for, the first thing is to collect all the required documents to apply for admission, documents including:
- Degree and transcript of your last qualification.
- Your IELTS certificate (at least 6.5 for undergraduate and 6.0 to 6.5 to 7.0 for postgraduate)
- Statement of purpose (Which includes the details about why and what you want to study in a particular university. Read our blog on it for detail information)
- Valid CNIC, Passport
- Bank Statement (showing sufficient funds)
- Recommendation letter (if needed)
- The next step is to apply for selected university admission (take professional help with form and process) usually universities take around 2 to 3 weeks to answer your admission application.
- University will provide you offer letter after accepting your admission application and this is where you are supposed to pay for your tuition fee for the first year ( make sure to read all the terms and conditions or take professional advice)
- You have to meet all these conditions (including tuition fee) before the university issues you a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
- Now that you have been accepted, it is time to apply for your student visa. You can apply for your student visa using either your offer letter or your CoE. It takes 2 to 4 weeks to get your student visa. So for student visa you need:
- Valid CNIC, Passport
- Passport size pictures
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Last 6 Months Bank Statement
- COE or Offer letter
- You should also plan to buy your ticket after this organize your health insurance and arrange your accommodation.
7. Consult your education advisor at Edvise hub to have admission package with information that will help you prepare for your journey to Canada.