Blockchain – The New Future
What Exactly is Blockchain?
You must have heard of a technology that is said to revolutionize the industry. The technology that will change the way the world works – Yes, you guessed it right, we are talking about Blockchain. So, now you must be wondering, “What is Blockchain?”
Blockchain is a shared ledger that is immutable and facilitates the process of keeping track of transactions and assets in a business network. It is changing the way we complete transactions, from its streamlined processes to its decentralized network, it is highly secure, traceable and reliable. And not only this but it is a fast-growing field and has one of the biggest markets in the world that is full of opportunities. The demand for people with Blockchain skills is very high, so if you are considering a career in Blockchain I would say go for it without even hesitating for a minute. Below I will list some of the reasons why you should consider a career in Blockchain.
Reasons Why You Should Consider a Career in Blockchain
With the crypto workforce estimated to be worth over $69 billion by the year 2030, it is time to think about your future in a field that is and will be the talk of the world.
Good Job Prospects
Blockchain popularity has only increased ever since Blockchain was introduced as an operating network for cryptocurrencies. And as mentioned above it will only increase in the future as well. This is why Blockchain development is one of the fastest-growing fields in the labor market. Many companies and industries are adopting Blockchain, they are either changing it up fully or adding this technology to their pre-existing architecture. As many big companies and sectors are using this, there’s no better time than now to get involved in this industry as there is an increasing demand for skills in Blockchain as time goes by.
5 top Universities around the world that offers Blockchain course:
- RMIT University
- University of California Berkeley
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University College London
- UNSW Sydney
- University of Oxford
Boost your Income
While thinking of learning skills it is always good to check its potential profitability, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Blockchain professional is between $80,000 to $150,000. And with the continuous increase in demand, Blockchain will only become more mainstream and create even better earning opportunities.
Some of the highest paying blockchain related jobs are listed below:
- Blockchain Developer ($92,863 per year)
- Blockchain Architect ($114,803 per year)
- Blockchain Administrator ($91,782 per year)
- Blockchain Project Manager ($106,175 per year)
- Blockchain UX Designer ($107,500 per year)
- Blockchain Quality Engineer ($108,000 to $117,000 per year)
- Blockchain Consultant ($43,938 per year)
- Blockchain Legal Consultant ($100,000 to $190,000 per year)
- Blockchain Engineer ($70,859 per year)
- Blockchain Analyst ($93,291 per year)
Various Industries rely on Blockchain
Blockchain has gained credibility of being a very reliable source where data is stored related to various types of transactions, which is the reason why many industries have started turning to Blockchain. Big names likeMicrosoft and Intel have also started using Blockchain applications. And the business operation of many sectors such as banking and finance, agriculture and supply chain, government, and healthcare has been improved by Blockchain already. Soon enough it will be a definite fixture in every business and we can already see it happening.
Blockchain is a universal infrastructure that stores or transfers data from anywhere in the world and it is flexible to integrate with all types of old and new technologies. This makes technology successful for global implementation and in turn, will only expand your international career opportunities.
Blockchain is for Everyone!
If you think that to consider a career in the Blockchain you have to give up on your current career then let me give you some good news – No, you don’t have to do that at all, you can apply your existing skills and still become an expert and part of the ever growing Blockchain family. Some examples of careers in Blockchain include Blockchain developers, designers, engineers, legal consultants and project managers
Who will Hire you?
If you are thinking of a career in Blockchain, you must think about your potential employers, right? Well, there are four potential players in job market:
- Industries: big companies like banks, accounting firms, insurance, retailers and more are looking to keep up with the technology.
- Startups: there are new businesses and products that are independent that require the service of this technology.
- Tech firms: many companies are trying to shift to a decentralized system and they need all the expertise they can get.
- Government: many governments have been hiring experts in this field to advise them. slowly but governments will warm up to Blockchain because of its many advantages.
The demand for Blockchain will keep increasing and this will open thousands of doors of opportunities as the demand for Blockchain expertise will keep increasing too. So there is no better time than now to explore a career in Blockchain, it will surely prove to be as exciting as it will be rewarding.