University of Technology Sydney
The University of Technology Sydney (UTS) is a vibrant young global university based in a vibrant young global city. The university is considered among the top 200 universities in the world according to the QS (137th) and Times Higher Education (143rd) global rankings. QS has also named UTS Australia the number one young university in each of the last seven years.
UTS research spans a range of disciplines, including health, data science, sustainability, applied economics, social futures, robotics, and civil engineering, the future of work, microbiology and quantum computing. UTS is widely recognized for its innovative approach to learning and teaching, which integrates the best of online and face-to-face experiences. Students benefit from an immersive, career-focused education, along with strong links to industry. They are prepared for tomorrow in a way that is relevant today.
Accomplishments and Alumni:
Students who graduate from UTS join a global network of creative and resourceful individuals, from pioneering industry, and government and community leaders to Hollywood celebrities. More than 245,000 UTS graduates live and work around the world. UTS offers graduates a range of special privileges and opportunities, such as career services to help them find their ideal job, exclusive events and opportunities to network with like-minded alumni and professionals. Since 2003, the university has received $28 million in research funding. Prominent engineers, business managers, architects, educators, authors, sports, media celebrities, actors and politicians are among the renowned graduates of UTS.
The UTS City Campus is located on the southern boundary of Sydney’s central business district, close to Central Station and Railway Square. The UTS tower is the core of the urban campus, which faces Broadway. The campus consists of five different precincts. The campus has been substantially transformed since 2008 by the university’s City Campus Master Plan, a $1 billion investment in new buildings and facilities, major upgrades and renovations.
Acceptance Rate for International Students:
The University Of Technology Sydney is considered one of the schools in Australia with the toughest selection process. The institution is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by a number of professional rating organizations. The University of Technology Sydney’s acceptance rate is currently 19%. This means that out of every 100 applicants who seek admission, only 19 applicants are admitted or seeking admission to this prestigious university in Australia.
- Statement Of Purpose ( Self-written)
- Letter of Recommendation from the previous school.
- Students Visa
- 2 passport size photos
- Curriculum Vitae
- Self-written Essay
- A completed online application.
- Photocopy of academic transcripts from previous schools or colleges.
- English language proficiency test scores (if passed)
Academic Requirements for Undergraduate Programs
Students wishing to enrol in UTS undergraduate courses must meet the requirements below. Students who have completed a recognized pathway program equivalent to the University of Technology Sydney pathways are also eligible to apply. The following documents must be submitted together with the application for the university programs:
- Matriculation is the standard entry requirement for admission. The equivalent of this qualification was given below:
- Completion of a UTS Foundation course or equivalent
- Completion of one year of tertiary study or equivalent
- Be at least 20 years of age as of March 1 of the year of admission
- Personal statement or portfolio
- Exam scores to study in Australia
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree for Honors undergraduate courses.
Academic Requirements for Postgraduate Programs
Students enrolling on UTS postgraduate courses are assessed on the basis of their performance at the undergraduate level. Students are required to meet the requirements below along with specific course requirements.
For admission to graduate programs, students must submit the following documents:
- Completed Australian Bachelor’s degree or overseas equivalent.
- Graduate certificates, diplomas or TAFE diploma
- Letters of recommendation
- Relevant work or research experience
- Portfolio/ Personal statement
- Proof of English language proficiency
English Language Requirements
International applicants must meet the English language requirements for all programs. Accepted results for undergraduate and postgraduate courses are listed below.
|Exams||Undergraduate Scores||Postgraduate Scores|
|IELTS||6.5 overall, writing 6.0||7.0 overall, writing 7.0|
|TOEFL iBT||79 – 93 overall, writing 21||94-101 overall, writing 27|
|CAE||176 – 184||185 – 190|
|PTE||58 – 64||65 – 72|
International students applying to study must pay a non-refundable application processing fee of 100 AUD.
- Business and Management
- Facul Law ty of Arts and Social Sciences (Communication)
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (Education)
- Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building
- Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
- Faculty of Health
- Faculty of
- Faculty of Science
- School of International Studies and Education
- Social Sciences and Management
Following are some of the top programs offered by the University of Technology Sydney:
- Bachelor of Nursing [B.N]
- Bachelor Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering Science [B.E.S] Data Engineering
- Bachelor of Design/Bachelor of Arts [B.A] Fashion and Textiles/International Studies
- Bachelor Computing Science
- Bachelor of Science [B.S] Applied Physics
- Bachelor of Engineering Science [B.E.S] Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Biotechnology/Bachelor of Business
- Master in Engineering Management
- Master in Information Technology (Advanced)
- MS in Data Science and Innovation
- Masters in Engineering
- Masters in Learning Analytics (Research)
- Masters in Professional Engineering
- Masters in Business Analytics
|MBA (1 Course)||2 years||AUD 38064|
|Engineering (9 Courses)||6 Months – 5 Years||AUD 16752 – AUD 40368|
|Science (1 Course)||6 months||AUD 18280|
|Arts (1 Course)||1 year||AUD 33792|
|Information Technology (IT) (1 Course)||2 years||AUD 39552|
|Management (5 Courses)||1 Year – 3 Years||AUD 34560 – AUD 52338|
The University of Technology Sydney provides international students with one of the most generous scholarships offers in the country, awarding up to AUD 12 million annually. Available awards include scholarships for academic excellence, research funding and other financial support.
Undergraduate Student Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Undergraduate Scholarship – full tuition scholarship for the duration of the standard course.
- UTS Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship – 25% tuition fee scholarship for the standard duration of the course.
- UTS Foundation Studies Scholarship – 25% tuition fee scholarship for the standard duration of the course.
- UTS College to UTS Pathways Scholarship – 50 per cent tuition fee scholarship for the remaining standard course duration at UTS.
- International Baccalaureate Scholarship – 50% tuition fee scholarship for the standard duration of the course.
Postgraduate Student Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarship – full tuition scholarship for the standard duration of the course.
- UTS Postgraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship – 35% or 25% tuition discount for the standard duration of the course.
- UTS Grants for Masters by Coursework Students – AUD 3,000 towards tuition fees for the first session.