University of Pennsylvania
This is a private university that was established in 1740, under the great efforts of Benjamin Franklin. It is situated in Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA. This is one of the top leading institutes in terms of research studies and offers various undergraduate programs namely Liberal Arts, Business, Engineering, and Nursing. While the graduate programs are law, medicine, veterinary medicine, dental medicine, education, communication, fine arts, and social work.
The University of Pennsylvania is ranked 13th number according to (QS World University Rankings 2023). Currently, the total number of students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs including international students is 28,038 in the year 2022.
Accomplishments and Alumni
The alumni of Penn are more than 3000 students, who are working globally. The individuals who were associated with the university of Pennsylvania have achieved a lot in their professional life in various fields such as Nobel laureates, actors, politicians, scholars, etc.
Following are some notable personalities of the University of Pennsylvania
- Noam Chomsky: A philosopher, historian, political activist, and cognitive scientist. He proposes the theory of linguistics.
- John Legend: American singer-songwriter, actor, producer, and pianist.
- Kwame Nkrumah: Masters of Philosophy and a Masters of Education from UPenn. He is the first Prime minister and President of Ghana.
- Beau Biden: He is the son of President Joe Biden and an American politician, lawyer, and Army officer.
- Laurene Powell Jobs: She is the widow of Steve Job co-founder of Apple. She is an American billionaire, businesswoman, executive, and the founder of Emerson Collective, a philanthropy group
- Jonathan Haidt: He is famous for his studies in the psychology of morality and moral emotions
The acceptance rate for international students
The acceptance rate for international students at the University of Pennsylvania is 14.9% in early decisions and 4.4% in regular decisions. However, the total or overall acceptance rate is 5.9%, which explains how much they are selective. The purpose of being very selective is to maintain quality, as the top mindset students used to be part of this university.
After the acceptance rate, one should know the complete admission process. Because he or she may not face any issues while applying. Here you can find the complete list of documents you need in your admission process
There is a general rule for all international students. They have to fulfil the academic requirements:
For Undergraduate Program
- The minimum final grade should be 85% to get admission.
For Graduate Program
- The minimum CGPA of 3.8 out of 4.00 or at least 94% in a four-year Honor Bachelor’s degree.
- Scores of GRE/GMAT (optional for 2022-23 students)
- English Language Proficiency scores
- Work experience
- Academic Transcripts and Grade Cards
- Passport copy and passport-size photographs
- Updated CV/Resume
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Two Reference letters
English language requirements
There is a basic requirement, if English is not your first language or native language, you should provide the “English Language Proficiency” certificate. The following are options you can go for of them.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) required 100 (iBT), 250 (CBT), or 600 (PBT)
- International English Language Test System (IELTS) minimum score 7 band
- Duolingo English Test (DET) minimum required 120.
Most Popular Programs
- Management Sciences and Information Systems
- Political Science and Government
- Information Science
- Neuroscience and Neurobiology
2022-2023 Tuition and Fees
|Total Tuition and Fees||$63,452|
The fee structure is also different from one graduate school to another graduate school at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Law School: $63,600
- Perelman School of Medicine: $59,900
- School of Arts and Sciences: $5,400 to $9,800
- School of Dental Medicine: $77,600
- School of Nursing: $46,200
- School of Social Policy and Practice: $46,700
- School of Veterinary Medicine: $47,800
- Dean’s Diversity Scholarships. (Amount: $12,000 up to full tuition)
- Scoville Peace Fellowship (Amount: salary, benefits, and travel expenses)
- PhD. Funding (It covers tuition costs, fees, health insurance, and a living stipend in exchange for teaching or conducting research).
Now you are ready and can apply to the University of Pennsylvania. You know the complete admission process, and eligibility criteria and you know the programs, and also the fee structure. Now it’s your turn to apply with full confidence and get yourself enrolled in any program of your choice.