Why study in Turkey?
Studying in Turkey can be a great opportunity for Pakistani students as it provides quality education at an affordable tuition fee. This can be a perfect study abroad opportunity for students because it provides cultural diversity through the experience as well as a chance to learn a new language while they study in a new country.
The focus on research and innovation makes the universities in Turkey globally recognised and accredited. Compared to the other European countries and the United States, universities in Turkey are much more affordable so international students can pursue their higher education while getting exposed to a multitude of culture and traditions from Europe, Asia, and the Middle East while they study at the crossroads of Europe and Asia.
Benefits of studying in Turkey for Pakistani students
If you are thinking about studying in Turkey as a Pakistani student, there are many benefits that can help you build your future:
- Most universities in Turkey are built within your budget and this does not mean that the quality of education is compromised compared to other countries. This is why it is an attractive option for most Pakistani students
- There are many scholarship opportunities that you can apply to as an international student. These will help you cover the tuition fee, accommodation and other living expenses while you study in Turkey
- As Turkey is the bridge between Europe and Asia, the cultural diversity is unlike at any other location. By experiencing these cultures and languages Pakistani students can make international connections and gain a global perspective
Admission requirements for Pakistani students
You will be requiring the following things if you are applying to a Turkish University as a Pakistani student:
- Your education qualifications should be impressive and you should have good grades in the relevant field that you are applying to
- Universities which require international students to be proficient in English or Turkish, need to be shown proof of proficiency in that language. A minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS test is common for admission in Turkish University. For Turkish proficiency, the Turkish language proficiency test- TÖMER- is taken
- Some universities in Turkey require international students to take the entrance examination. For undergraduate programs the Turkish University Entrance Examination (YQS) is taken and for graduate programs, Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is taken
- There are also application documents like transcripts, CV, personal statement and letters of recommendation required for the application
- For visa requirements, Pakistani students need to contact the Turkish embassy in the country to obtain the instructions for their specific university and program
Top colleges and universities in Turkey for Pakistani students
There are many universities in Turkey for Pakistani students that would suit all kinds of fields of study. For more information about your prospects in the higher education of Turkey, book a consultation session with our mentors to find out. Let’s take a look at some of the top universities in Turkey:
Istanbul Technical University
The ITU was established in 1773 and offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in engineering, science, architecture and management. This is a very good option for students applying to engineering and technology related fields. It has partnerships with other international universities and research institutions so it can be very beneficial for Pakistani students
Bilkent University is a private research university located in Ankara, Turkey. Founded in 1984, this top university also offers programs at all levels in engineering, natural sciences, social sciences, humanities and the arts
Middle East Technical University
METU is a public university in Ankara and is considered one of the leading universities in the country. It has a strong focus on research and has made major contributions to science and technology. It has a diverse children body in a multicultural learning environment
Istanbul University is one of the oldest universities in the world. It was founded in 1453 and offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in law, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, literature and science. It has a rich history and a strong reputation in all of these fields and provides various research opportunities for its students
This university is a private research university in Istanbul and offers subjects like engineering, natural sciences, humanities and law. With a modern campus and state of the art facilities, Koc University has collaborations with many other international universities and provides opportunities for students to participate in exchange programs as well
Scholarship opportunities for Pakistani students
If you are considering scholarships to fund your higher education and avoid student loans, you can explore the following options:
- Türkiye Burslari Scholarship: The Turkish government gives this scholarship to cover full tuition fee, accommodation, monthly stipend, health insurance and round-trip airfare for students all over the world
- YTB Scholarship: This scholarship provided by the Presidency for Turks abroad and related communities is also open to Pakistani students who want to pursue undergraduate and graduate programs in Turkish universities
- Türk Eximbank Scholarship: The scholarship is also a good option for Pakistani students who want to pursue undergraduate and graduate programs in economics, finance, business Administration, international trade and related fields in Turkish universities
Other scholarships worth applying are Sabanci University Scholarship and Bosphorus Scholarship.
Cultural exchange programs and student life in Turkey
There are many cultural exchange programs to offer a vibrant student life for international students by giving them a chance to explore Turkey during their higher education:
The Erasmus Exchange Program offers opportunities for Pakistani students to study in Turkish University for a semester or a whole academic year.
Mevlana Exchange Program is offered by the Turkish government and it covers tuition fees, travel expenses, and living costs for students to study for a semester or a year in a Turkish university.
Turkish Language and Culture Program Includes language courses, Gotshal activities and excursions for Pakistani students to learn Turkish language and culture.
Tips for Pakistani students applying to Turkish universities
When applying to Turkish universities, Pakistani students should research all of their options and check the location and language of instruction for these places. They should see the quality of education being offered and tuition fees for the programs. They should fulfill the eligibility criteria and start applying early if they have made the decision.
If you want to seek assistance regarding the admission process, book a session with us now to clear all your concerns.