Trends are constantly changing in project management areas and it’s crucial for project managers to keep a track on contemporary best practices in the field. The project management course, tools and productivity apps are all abundant resources to maximize efficiency at workplace. Just to get it easy to start, here is the list of top 5 project management courses to study in 2021. The Project Management certifications are not only significant to an organization’s core structure, but a master into these courses makes a difference in career growth. Research directs;
“There are around 2.2 million project-oriented roles that employee need to fill each year by the year 2027. It highlights the high demands of skilled project managers today and tomorrow.”
Since the later 1960s to the early 2000s, the Agile Framework Adoption was in infancy. Organizations and the teams who looked to expand, unsuspectingly adapted to a particularly set of daily rituals which were later termed as Agile Project Management, PMP. Currently, businesses and technology has gone through a transformation, as a result the organizations is in dire need for certified professionals in project management. The project managers are then experienced enough to handle the ongoing requirements of client’s projects; as well as linked to software development. The nature of certificates, in turn, governs how the Project Manager skills can be applied and benefited from.
1. Project Management Principles, Practices and Systems
According to State of Project Management Survey 2017, about 37% of teams were reported to complete their projects on time. However, managing project costs have been identified a biggest issue, followed by strict deadlines. The course allows developing existing knowledge on the subject and learning the project management key principles and understanding the skills of project management required for completing the projects on time and in the set budget. It highlights the three biggest challenges that often project managers come across: project completion on time, cost management, and communication. This course helps the students to learn about risk management, project information and communications, contemporary practice (agile project, project management software), operations management and more with the help of examples, discuss case studies to being learning experience to life.
2. Agile Leadership Principles and Practices
The course Agile Leadership Principles and Practices allow to grasp understanding of how leadership new style is redefined and redistributes team roles by:
- Empowerment, a tool a motivate in order to gain better decisions
- Inclusivity and creativity is facilitated of a high-functioning team
- Recognizing and managing biasness in decision making
- Settling or negotiating conflicts across the teams, individuals and the organizations
- Confirming success through authoritative constraint-based metrics and delegation
- This may allow turning critical thinking and internally motivated mind into several; and driving innovation and speed by leveraging all capacities and talents on the team.
Though this course wouldn’t provide a certified scrum master (CSM) or an agile certified practitioner (PMI-ACP), but it may offer a fundamental agile certification grounded on agile principles, also application of agile leadership in present industry.
3. Agile Process, Project, and Program Controls
This course, presently of great demand in project management area that takes in management skills and agile practices essential to deliver value with certainty, for instance:
- Daily standup meetings reflecting transparency when discussing work status, pace and risk.
- In what way the clear definition of done determines approval by all main stakeholders.
- To measure advantages and performance of working solutions at the time of project delivery.
- Repeated testing to acquire accurate feedback on stability and solution requirements.
- Regular retrospectives which brings constant improvement and progress into the team.
- By what means the agile project management confirms success and uniquely address risk in business.
- Quality management principles in order to minimize technical debt and project risk.
- Minimize and manage dependence between two or more project teams to scale programs at speed.
- To create the business case for agile contracts and by what means they confirm that deliverables attain business objectives and outcomes.
The course allows learning in what way these levers of control surpass earned value management (EVM) traditional management methods that has no change in scope and relies on estimates. Now, it doesn’t only ensure that the deliverables are delivered under-budget and on-time but It helps to learn and manage about how the key to unlocking the control potential is done, and ways to measure it.
The discussed shift is in-line with how the PMBOK is altering to integrate program management sphere into project management with not only stressing prominence on delivery of scope specifications but also value too. The Agile revolution calls for program managers to hold this particular type of knowledge and learning to progress in project management career for the year 2021 and further.
4. CompTIA Project+ Certification Course
The course develop knowledge on applying standard practices of project management and understanding life cycle of a project, its roles, and essential skills to efficiently begin, plan, implement, monitor, regulate, control and end a project. It allows;
- Identifying the fundamentals principle and basics of project management
- Instigating a project
- Creating plans of project, strategies of stakeholder, and scope statement
- Developing an activity lists and a work breakdown structure
- Coming up with a project schedule and recognizing the critical path
- Project costs planning
- Creating quality management plans and project staffing
- Building an active communication plan
- Forming a risk management plan, risk analysis performance, and creating a risk response plan.
- Project procurements planning
- Creating transition and change management plans
- Gathering and launching the project team in order to implement the plan
- Implementing the plan of project procurement
- Tracking on and controlling performance of project
- Tracking on and controlling project constraints
- Tracking on and controlling project risks
- Tracking on and controlling procurements
- Performing activities on project closure activities
5. Engineering Project Management: Scope, Time and Cost Management
The time, scope and cost management are the essential and core component for successful project management. This course allows you to get familiar with the tools in order to develop a project scope, its schedule and budget, and later status them to forecast the performance of the project. Along with it, the students get knowledge about techniques and change management to execute it. The course enables;
- Developing a requirements document and Project Scope Statement
- Identifying methods to control the project scope
- Developing work packages and decomposing the work
- Forming a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating a Critical Path Schedule
- Reviewing cost estimates types and figuring out if they are “top down or bottom up”
- Reviewing contingencies, budgets, and reserves
- Calculating earned and planned values to relate with actual cost
- Performing a schedule and cost analysis