Australia, a home to almost 700,000 international students and is the third most popular study destination. With its outstanding education system, the country offers higher education in vast range of 22,000 courses in 1,100 institutes. Cherry on top, the country has six of the world’s top 100 universities. However, the education institutions can’t be compared to Oxford or Harvard but they are at their best. In the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020, The University of Melbourne, University of Queensland, Australian National University, University of Sydney, Monash University and University of New South Wales ranked in the top 100 universities.
Every international student who want to pursue studies in Australia, need to apply for an Australian student visa by enrolling in:
- Primary and Secondary School
- English Language Intensive Course For Overseas Students (ELICOS) – Cambridge, General English, IELTS preparation etc.
- Exchange program
- University Course – Bachelor, Master and PhD degree
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) Course – Sports, Marketing, Business, Hospitalities, Tourism and other
- Non-award course
- Student sponsored by Department of Foreign Affairs or the Department of Defence