Fully Funded Scholarship for Pakistani Students in UK
As a student, it is a great honour to receive a scholarship based on your academic achievements and skill. Learning in a new environment or maybe in a new language is tough enough so a scholarship can be of immense help when you have other stressors to manage your academic life. When you have more time for yourself, you can even explore the cities around your campus and make important connections for your future career.
Types of scholarships available for Pakistani students
There are many scholarships available for Pakistani students but here is a list of the most sought after ones:
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Program: This is a Master’s level scholarship offered in a selection of fields during which you can study in more than European universities. After the completion of your degree, you can work there for two years.
- Fulbright Scholarship: A prestigious US based scholarship offered at Master’s and PhD scholarship for Pakistani students which covers educational, living, and travelling expenses. An important prerequisite is that you have to come back to our country after studying.
- Chevening Scholarship Program: Master’s level scholarship that lets you study in the best universities in the UK. Similar to the Fulbright scholarship Pakistan, you have to come back to your home country after your studies.
- DAAD Scholarships: This scholarship covers expenses for German universities and you have to show work experience of two years.
- MEXT Scholarship: Accommodation, tuition and travel expenses are covered in this scholarship for Japanese universities. You need good English language skills to qualify.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships: Scholarship to study any full-time Undergraduate programme (except medical fields), one-year, full-time Postgraduate programme or one of the eligible two-year programmes – Social Work (MSc) and Law (MA) offered at the University of Bristol.
- York University International Student Scholarships: This scholarship is to study Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business at undergraduate level at the York University in Ontario, Canada.
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students: Scholarship by French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs for international students who want to study science or humanities at Master’s or PhD level.
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals: You can study Master’s at the best Swedish universities with this scholarship.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship: This one is specifically for the University of Cambridge postgraduate studies. Check the official website for the fields of study it covers.
- The Rhodes Scholarship: This is another scholarship for Pakistani students in the UK. When you become a Rhodes scholar, all your living and accommodation expenses while studying for a postgraduate full time course at the University of Oxford will be covered by this scholarship.
Apart from these, you can also keep an eye on private scholarships as they have lesser competition.
Eligibility criteria for scholarships for Pakistani students
The eligibility criteria for each scholarship varies so you can check out the eligibility on their official websites. Generally the criteria is dependent on the following factors:
- Your age
- Bachelor’s qualification from a registered university
- An exceptionally good GPA
- Well written admission essays and recommendation letters
- Work experience (for some of the postgraduate degrees)
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through your achievements
How to apply for scholarships for Pakistani students
Application criteria for all these scholarships in Pakistan is different- here are some pointers to help you apply in a timely and efficient manner
- Check the deadlines for all these scholarships and plan accordingly
- Start working on your admission essays. You will definitely need to get it edited and proofread over and over again till it looks good to go
- Identify and talk to professors who can write you a good recommendation letter
Alternatives to scholarships for Pakistani students
If you can’t manage to get a scholarship (since they are highly competitive and have limited seats) then you can apply for a student loan from any of the following institutions:
- National bank of Pakistan
- Ihsan Trust
- Akhuwat Foundation
- MPower Financing
- Alkhidmat Foundation
Tips for writing a winning scholarship application
There are some aspects of the application that you must pay careful attention to in order to secure a good scholarship.
- The scholarship essay: Stick to the format and length but choose a topic that you are passionate about and can talk about it well. The introduction should grab their attention.
- Letters of recommendation: Don’t just ask any professor, contact someone who will be able to demonstrate your strengths well with their words and convince the committee of your dedication. Also ask them to customise it according to the scholarship’s demands. Our admission experts can guide you well about this.
- Resume: Most scholarships might not demand this but if they do, you should structure it and edit it very well in order to send a strong impression to the committee. For this, it is very important to get it checked by a professional.