Scholarship for Pakistani Students in the UK
Studying in the United Kingdom can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be out of reach. Fully funded scholarships for Pakistani students in the UK are available, allowing talented and dedicated individuals to pursue their educational dreams. These scholarships range from undergraduate to postgraduate levels and can provide students with tuition fees, travelling and living expenses, and other financial services. With the help of these scholarships, Pakistani students can access the best education that the UK has to offer and gain the knowledge, skills and experience needed to pursue their career goals. Furthermore, these scholarships can open doors to international opportunities, allowing students to build contacts and networks and gain a truly global perspective.
In this blog, we will list down some of the top partial and fully funded UK scholarships for Pakistani Students
Undergraduate Scholarships for Pakistani Students in the UK
Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarship for International Students
The SHU Transform Together Scholarship has been designed keeping in mind the needs of international students who otherwise cannot afford to study at SHU. The scholarship program provides a tuition fee waiver that is available for undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses based on the student’s academic excellence.
The award value is 50% of the tuition fee.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of Pakistan
- As it covers 50% of the tuition fees, the student must be able to pay all the additional dues.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in any of the courses
- Must meet the academic and English requirements for the course
- For postgraduate, the candidate must have a minimum of 2.1 or equivalent in your undergraduate honours degree
- Should fully self-funding their studies, this means they are not receiving any funding for their studies from any external sources such as the government, a scholarship provider or a company
- Be able to pay for any additional fees such as for field trips or tuition fees for subsequent years of study.
Postgraduate Scholarships for Pakistani Students in the UK
The Chevening Scholarship is a prestigious award by the British Council that helps outstanding individuals from all over the world. This scholarship provided full or partial funding for a master’s degree.
The award covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Settling Allowance
- And more
In order to apply for this scholarship, you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Must have an undergraduate degree that is equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours in the UK
- Must be a Pakistani Citizen
- Your application must list three courses that are eligible for a Chevening Scholarship
- Must have a GPA between 3.0 and 3.59
- Two years of work experience is needed
- Two reference letters
- IELTS Score
- An unconditional offer letter from a UK university
Developing Solutions Scholarships at the University of Nottingham 2023
Founded in 2001, Developing Solution is a flagship master scholarship for selected Commonwealth countries. The University of Nottingham is offering scholarships covering 50% or 100% of full-time master tuition fees. These one-year master’s scholarships are designed for students who want to make a difference in the development of key economic, environmental, structural, social, or political structures in their home country.
This scheme covers 50% or 100% of full-time master tuition fees
To apply for this scholarship, you must fulfil the eligibility criteria:
- Must be domiciled in one of the selected Commonwealth countries (Pakistan is included)
- Be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- Hold an offer to start a full-time master’s (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham UK, studying in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Social Sciences.
Rhodes Scholarship for Pakistani Student 2023
Founded in 1903, Rhodes Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship program which is designed for nurturing future talent for the betterment of the world. Pakistani students who want to study at Oxford University must apply for this scholarship.
The scholarship is fully funded and covers:
- Health coverage
- Full tuition fees waiver
- Full application fees waiver
- A stipend of £13,681 per year
- Travel expenses
- The candidate must be a Pakistani Students
- GPA 3.7 or above
- Candidate must have undertaken 4 years of formal study at an educational institution in Pakistan in the past 10 years
- Must be between the age of 18 and 24
- For older candidates who completed their undergraduate degree later than usual, they can apply until the age of 27
Commonwealth Scholarship 2023 for Pakistani Students
Another scholarship from the royal country that Pakistani students can apply for is the Commonwealth Scholarship. This scholarship is for students who can’t meet the tuition fee requirement of UK universities and aim to provide future leaders opportunities to study at UK-accredited universities.
The scheme is fully funded and covers:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly allowance
- Thesis grants
- Study travel grants
- Clothing allowance
- Health facilities are also funded by CSC
- If the candidate is a widow, a child allowance is also provided at the rate of £485/month for a single child and £120/month for the second and third child below 16 years of age.
Some of the common requirements are:
- Candidates must be unable to fund their studies in the UK without this scholarship
- Candidates must not have studied or worked in a high-income country for a full academic year.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 degree in the UK
- Must be a Pakistani passport holder
How to apply for Scholarship for Pakistani Students
Application criteria are different for all these scholarships in Pakistan, here are some general pointers that can help you with the application process:
- Check the deadlines for the scholarship and plan accordingly
- Start working on your admission essay and proofread it as many times as you can. We would recommend asking someone else to do it for you or consider hiring an editing and proofreading service for better results.
- Talk to a professor who you think can help you write a good recommendation letter.
Scholarships are a great way for students to access educational opportunities they otherwise wouldn’t have. For Pakistani students, the opportunity to study in the United Kingdom can be life-changing. Fortunately, there are many scholarships available for Pakistani students. The ones we listed below are only the most popular ones, many universities have their own scholarship that you can take advantage of.
So, if you are looking for a good scholarship opportunity or need help getting your UK student visa then book a session with Edvise Hub and let us help you find the right scholarship option for you.