The modern world is incredibly connected and constantly evolving and with this change, comes a huge amount of data to be processed quickly and easily to make better decisions. Data analysts who use this data to boost businesses and economies are known as business analysts. You can guess how important this job will become in the coming future and therefore, having an established degree from a reputable country in this discipline can help you secure a very lucrative career.
If you’re thinking of entering this very interesting field, Canada is an excellent option to pursue a Master’s in Business Analytics and begin your career as a business analyst.
What is Business Analytics?
This degree will basically enable you to solve complex business problems by employing the advanced quantitative and analytical tools so basically your decision making power at your organisation will strengthen exponentially. You will not only learn the mathematical tool but also find out which business situation requires it. Through the machine learning, algorithms, probability and data visualisation coursework, you will be able to make data-driven strategies and communicate them well to your team in a very persuasive manner. Through this one or two year degree, you can get the confidence and competence you need in your career.
Why choose Canada for your Master’s in Business Analytics?
There’s a number of reasons why Canada is the choice for international students wanting to enrol in a Master’s in Business Analytics.
Canada is a welcoming country towards international students so you do not have to worry about facing discrimination at any level. It is also expected that Business Analytics jobs in Canada will see a sharp increase by 2026. While other countries might still be catching up with this, Canada will expedite its use of business analytics in the corporate sector. Even if many people have not heard of this subject, it is already predicted that in the next three years, 71% of enterprises will be employing business analytics.
The best universities offering Master’s in Business Analytics?
By now, you must be intrigued about your options and what you can afford. Here’s a list of universities (and their corresponding yearly fee) that offer some outstanding Business Analytics Master’s courses:
- UBC Sauder School of Business– $60,249 CAD
- Rotman School of Management- $67,160 CAD
- Schulich School of Business– $ 80,150 CAD
- HEC Montreal– $34 200 CAD
- Ivey Business School– $72,000 CAD
- McGill University– $54,990 CAD
Scholarships you can apply for
These universities are internationally renowned but if looking at the tuition fees has shocked you, there is still hope. You can apply for the following scholarships:
- Carleton University– Merit-Based Scholarship
- University of British Columbia– Asia Top Talent International Scholarship
- Western Ivey Business School- Merit-Based Scholarship
- York Schulich School of Business- Merit-Based Entrance Scholarship and also the International Student Award
- McMaster University– Provost Entrance Scholarship and the Woo Family International Scholarship
- HEC Montreal- Entrance Scholarships
- McGill University– Entrance Scholarships + Scotiabank Fellowship
If you can’t find any scholarship that fits your needs, our mentors can help you find the financial resources you need to study in the university of your choice.
Eligibility criteria for applying
- Accredited undergraduate degree from a renowned university (in some cases, you will need proficiency in linear, algebra, probability, statistics and calculus)
- GMAT/GRE scores
- A valid score in in any of the English proficiency tests (IELTS or TOEFL)
These criteria change with each university so remember to visit the university’s website and compile the required documents before the deadline.
Job prospects and expected salaries
The return on investment for this Master’s program is incredible in Canada. You can expect to get salaries around 118,000 CAD per year. Expect this amount to increase in the next ten years as more and more businesses will need professionals who deeply understand the link between raw data and business strategy to predict trends. You can apply for job as a business analysts in any of the following fast-growing industries:
- Professional, scientific and technical services
- Finance and insurance
- Public administration
- Health care and social assistance
Some renowned companies hiring business analysts are Anthem Blue Cross, ACCA, Wells Fargo, IBM and Deloitte.
Whether you’re a fresh graduate or have been working for a business for a while, this degree will help you accelerate your career and make valuable contributions in your next job while earning a hefty salary. This is especially interesting for students with a strong background in mathematics. Find out more about your career prospects by booking a session with us.