In the contemporary world, many organizations and corporations have optimized the hiring process and are still trying to make it more reliable and streamlined. The use of digital tools has made the hiring process easier and more in-depth. Moreover, the digital age has made the potential candidate or new hire information much more accessible. Knowing about them, such as from finding out about their first employer to when and where they earned their degree from is now just a matter of clicks. The researching candidates through online platform allow recruiters to go beyond what might be visible on their resume and gives more detailed information on their current and past involvements in job market. Social sites such as LinkedIn is the most popular and commonly used platform by recruiters as it recommends the potential candidate considering the job experience and capabilities and allows to look for the connections candidates have to know more about their accomplishments and work history.
‘68% of applicants are searched on Facebook and LinkedIn’
There’s no denying of the fact that in the field of recruitment and job search we are heading towards a new dawn of digitization. The journey from getting physical resume copies in hand to sending and uploading the electronic version of it has truly got something amazing. Within seconds, people can find a suitable job and apply there and then by just uploading the resume and CV. So, now that we have stepped for job hunt into the digital era, the year 2020 and upcoming years are anticipated to bring forth advance digitization which may contribute to the new wave change. Today, in digital age the hunt of job is incomplete without smarter resume formats, online interviews, digitization, video conferences and the similar likes.
In Digital Age, what is Online Reputation?
Around 73% of organization have leverage social media potential to recruit candidates. This is why and where an individual needs an impressive and striking online reputation. Being a recruiter, higher chances are to extract employee details and know about them through social media platform prior calling them for face-to-interview or before giving them an offer letter.
Looking at things from employee perspective, the role of maintaining a digital reputation is as significant for them as it is for employers. For example, the social site LinkedIn has around 500 million members and from which the mobile users per month are 63 million approximately. Now wonder that this platform is one of the ideals hotspots for both the employers and employee worldwide. This is the reason why staying professionally active and building an online reputation via digital modes of communication have acquired significance. Upgrade your online reputation because;
75% of Recruiters make an 70% Reject Candidate on what
Online Search to find they find about them through
Potential Candidates. Online Platform.
Other than LinkedIn which contributes to the job hunters career prospects, the other new-age applications are extensively backing up the prospective employers and employees such as VisualCV ,Twylah, AngelList; and other. For those who haven’t made themselves visible online or fail to know about how does this goes, must have a look;
- Employers as well as employees hold a probability to be trusted, both as an individual and as a brand.
- Talking and sharing on corporate skills and accolades through digital media platform ensure a good exposure. Alongside, it enhances individuals’ opportunities and accelerates the chances of getting spotted by worldwide reputed recruiters.
- The organizations that have better online reputation are more likely to attract other business.
- The Online Reputation Management strategies focus on company’s strength and combat the all negative and undesirable propaganda of the competitors.
- Consistent online reputation maintenance helps the employees as well as employers to foster honesty and transparency.
As you are now well-aware of the advantages of positive online reputation there are chances that you may want to harness its potential and begin developing career-oriented online reputation.
Tips for Online Reputation:
- Focus and be aware about the target market.
- Monitor the reputation by looking at how you fare in search results.
- Take feedbacks positively rather than reacting negative to comments and post.
- Create quality content.
- Engage and react in order to establish and maintain interaction and a good reputation.
In Digital Age, how about Video Interviews?
According to workforce survey that took 506 companies suggest that video interviewing doesn’t only cut cost, but also it plays a great role in saving recruiters time. Among these, 47% of the companies that were surveyed confessed that video interviewing has shortened the time earlier they used to take for hiring an employee. There is this amazing revelation; where it has been found that live video interview of 5 minute is alike to a written assessment of 200 question. So, there are sufficient reasons to embrace this kind of digital waves of change, is that so? To mention, the emergence of advanced video conferencing applications for example that of Zoom, Skype, Teams and Google Duo is adding up to the worth further.
With a clear image of how in a digital age video interview work best for both employees and employers with factual evidences, let’s explore more deeper and get to the importance of video interviews.
- The hiring process quality is improved via video interviewing, as it becomes easy for the the recruiters to scan more potential candidates and appraise them overcoming the boundaries of distance and time.
- The process of video interview considerably minimizes both subconscious and conscious bias.
- It helps potential candidates listen to other employees talking and conversing about the job role. It results allowing h/him to monitor the company’s credibility, based on revelations and real time data.
The significant wave of changes and advantages ensure that the trend will continue and might change to rule the realm of job hunting in the not-too distance future.
Tips for Video Interview:
Familiarize with the video interview variable to get well prepare for it.
- Look for a quiet, well-lit place that doesn’t cater any possible interruptions.
- Ensure a stable internet connection to avoid distortions in video and audio.
- Check if the device is properly working for video and audio.
- Close unnecessary application and web browser tabs.
- Dress professionally and avoid extra get up.
- Hold a notepad and resume on your desk.
- At the time of interview when listening, do smile and nod to show engagement.
- Where and when appropriate, use hand gestures.
In Digital Age, what Virtual Interview says?
Pretty obvious that one can’t land their dream job in a notorious organization without an impressing resume. Without digital resumes in today’s digital advancement world, it becomes difficult to get securing jobs and challenging to assess prospective employers. Checking on the resumes received each day through the data on inc.com; it was found that almost every corporate job opening receives 250 resumes each day. Other survey suggest that, Google once attracted 75,000 resumes in a single week and Yahoo on average attracted 2000 resumes each workday. This data clearly indicates that the functionality and demand of digital resumes is on the rise.
The trend of online resumes, has allowed to shortlist more suitable candidates without going through stringent paperwork and setting individual meetings with every candidate. The recruiters handpick the desired and potential candidates after virtually going through their career episodes.
Things are undeniably easier when the resumes are to be assessed online without being subjected physical paperwork hassle. Alongside, it reduces the risk of missing out on any important paper. Online resumes are 10 times easier, also conveniently accessible for recruiters to assess the credibility looking at bio data. Why there is a need of digital resumes? Have a look at the reasons;
- It helps candidates to apply in multiple organizations at time with just a click.
- Digital CV holding and maintenance ensures safety, as loss of essential document is of high concern.
- Staying updated with digital resumes in the era of digitization allows exploring better job opportunities.
Digital resumes significance is likely to increase in the coming years and virtually developed resume management strategies will redefine the recruitment process altogether.