If you are someone with the right kind of skill set and looking for ways to kickstart or boost your career, you are at the right spot. In this article, we are going to talk about Australian Visa Subclass 189, which happens to be the kind of visa that can enable you to live the life of your dreams.
Without any further delay, we are going to dive straight into it.
What exactly is Visa Subclass 189?
The visa subclass 189 is a type of resident visa which is permanent in nature and is designed for skilled professionals. It is widely known as the skilled independent visa and happens to be a program that not only allows one to work but also facilitates sponsoring their family members. It is a smooth gateway to working on a permanent basis in addition to living anywhere in the country without sponsorship. To put things in perspective, it is pertinent to mention that in order to acquire it, a lot matters on the skill set of the applicant. To put it exactly, an applicant’s skill set is the deciding factor when it comes to this visa.
While it is true that Visa Subclass 189 happens to be an invitation-only visa, the visa holders have the right of sponsoring their relatives. Moreover, this visa also gives them access to Medicare in addition to the advantage of applying for citizenship. Also, once you have landed the visa, you are free to travel to and fro from the country for a full five years.
As for who can be included in the application, then it is obviously your family members. This includes your spouse/partner, children and dependent relatives. Speaking of this, it is pertinent to mention that this visa is a point-based stream and the Expression of Interest (EOI) is evaluated by the Skill Select system. Subsequently, it is then ranked against other applicants, after which they are given scores in accordance with their points-based scoring evaluation system.
There are a lot of factors that determine the points being awarded. Precisely speaking, the points are based upon an applicant’s English proficiency, age, qualification, work experience and skill set.
Before you submit your EOI, it is imperative that you run a thorough check as to whether or not your profession is present therein the Subclass 189 occupations list. As far as passing marks are concerned, the current benchmark of the SkillSelect system is set at 65 points. Also, the applicants must contact the authorities before putting in their EOI. Speaking of the EOI’s validity, then it is two years. During this period, the applications can get an invitation anytime. It is important to note that once you have received the invitation, the scores cannot be altered. Other than this, be sure to fill in the official website with all your updated information before an invitation is sent.
Advantages of Australia Visa Subclass 189
This is a quick list of benefits for you to go over in case you are doubtful regarding anything or just plain hesitant in general regarding your decision. Maybe, this could change your mind or put it at ease!
Here you go:
- You, in case of success, would get to reside and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
- You would get to enroll in the Medicare scheme offered by the country.
- You will have the right to take their basic and higher education forward.
- You will be all set and ready to apply for citizenship.
- You can also sponsor your family members, immediate relatives, children and other dependents for permanent residence.
Requirements of Visa Subclass 189
Here is a list of the requirements that one needs to meet in order to acquire the visa subclass 189:
- Your age should be below 45.
- You should have a band of 6 or above in each part of the IELTS examination.
- You must have an impeccable character-related record.
- Your occupation or profession should be on the list of the visa subclass 189 occupations.
- You should be able to pass the medical examination. In case of an ailment, you must communicate it clearly should you require any support from the government or the community
- You must have an invitation to apply after having submitted the EOI.
- You should pass the Skill Migration point-testing with at least 65 marks.
How to Apply?
Well, one can apply for this visa only on an invitation basis, that too within 60 days from the day invitation has arrived. From then on, the process moves ahead only when the Skill Select assessment has taken place. Try and secure a higher score in the initial test as it increases one’s chances of getting the visa.
Your time of submission in addition to other factors forms the basis for the immigration department to consider your applications. We reiterate that your application can include family members as well as immediate relatives.
We have put together a checklist for you to tick off as and when you prepare your application. Please take note that all the documents are certified copies derived from the original documents.
- Identity documents
- Visa subclass 189 application form
- Skills assessment report
- English proficiency certificate
- Employment documents
- Two coloured photos (passport size)
- Documents that endorse you have studied in one of the regional areas of Australia (if applicable)
- Documents that prove your partner/spouse’s education, skill set and grasp of the English language
- Document stating your marital status
- Character certificate by the police
- Medical history records
- Reference letter from the employers
- All the documents must be in English. If not, make sure to attach the translations.
Good luck with your application!